As insurance agents, we see many people that have to go through all of the stress and hard work of going through water damage in their home. We want to help you minimize the chances of having water damage in the basement of your home by providing these tips and links:
- Checking and maintaining your home for foundation for leaks , faulty pipes or moisture collecting within your home (see infographic to right for signs)
- Monitor and supply back up for your sump pump
- Install a backwater valve to prevent sewer back ups
- Prepare the outside of your home to allow water to drain away from your home during rain and a wet season
- Make sure that you protect your belongings and appliances by storing your items for minimal damage and checking your ventilation system periodically
If you have any other questions to discuss with All-Time Insurance, send us a note.