We all know it’s coming. We can feel it in the air, in the shorter days and cooler nights….Winter in Wisconsin.
Don’t let old man winter catch you unaware. Here are some Fall Tips to make sure that you are ready for what lies ahead.
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replace your furnace filter (the filter should be replaced every 3 months)
- If you burn wood, clean your chimney and have it inspected to make sure there are no obstructions or cracks
- Check the weather stripping and caulk around your doors and windows
- Clean your rain gutters
- Drain and store garden hoses
- Consider installing heat tape to your roof to prevent ice dams