Now that students are returning to school, drivers need to remember to take care while driving during school hours and in school zones. Staying safe is a priority for all!
- Slow Down. While dropping your kids at school or in a residential neighborhood a 10 mph reduction in speed can save a major injury or a life.
- Stay Alert. Although children should only cross the street in designated crosswalks, most crashes occur outside of these areas. Watch for places where children could suddenly emerge between parked cars, from homes or sidewalks.
- Come to a Complete Stop. Research shows that one-third of drivers roll through stop signs. Always make a full stop in school zones.
- Always Stop for School Buses. Watch and stop for any flashing lights on school buses to ensure the safety of the students.
- Allow for Extra Time for Travel. Because school buses and children are around every corner during the morning or afternoon rush, allow more time for travel. Be cautious when driving, and be prepared to slow down or stop for any situation.
Planning ahead can benefit both drivers and young students. Good luck and stay safe in the new school year! If you have any insurance questions, please feel free to contact an All-Time Insurance Agent.
(Source: AAA Safety)